Yerba mate comes from the leaves of a Paraguayan tree. Yerba mate is rich in mateine, a caffeine-like substance, and antioxidant polyphenols. These polyphenols play an important role in the beneficial effects of yerba maté.
The polyphenols in yerba mate have proven to be the best stimulants of appetite-suppressant hormones and are a great ally for a diet plan.
Taken after exercise, yerba mate promotes muscle relaxation and accelerates the return to their normal state.
Improved sleep quality
Maté helps you fall asleep faster. Reduced quantity but boosted quality: you'll find it easier to wake up, and you'll be ready and raring to go.
Prevention of cardiovascular diseases
Yerba maté lowers cholesterol and blood triglycerides, helping to prevent cardiovascular disease.
For more details on the benefits of yerba maté, visit the Find out more section.
Nutritional values per 100 g
4 capsules contain 1480 mg of organic yerba maté.
- Powder: Guayapi organic yerba maté (Ilex Paraguariensis)
- Capsules: Vegetarian HPMC and water.
Nutrimuscle vegetarian capsules
100% vegetable cellulose
Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate is organic, which is rare. By avoiding high temperatures or roasting, all the active molecules are better preserved
Nutrimuscle Organic Yerba Mate is carefully extracted and is twice as effective against fat as the commonly found commercial yerba mate.
|100 g||1 capsule||4 capsules|
|Proteins||16,2 g||60 mg||240 mg|
|Carbohydrates||65,9 g||244 mg||976 mg|
|Fats||4,2 g||15,5 mg||62 mg|
|Calories||366 kcal||1,475 kcal||5,9 kcal|
|Energy||1521 kJ||6,2 kJ||24,8 kJ|
|Caffeine||2452 mg||9,075 mg||36,3 mg|
- 1 g (gram) = 1000 mg (milligram)
- 1 capsule contains 370 mg of organic Yerba mate.
- 4 capsules contain 1480 mg of organic Yerba mate.
Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate is for:
- Athletes, to promote muscular relaxation after training
- Inactive people, to assist a diet or to improve sleep
4 capsules during the day with a little room-temperature mineral water
During a diet
If your goal is fat loss, take 3 to 4 capsules of Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate with your evening meal.
Before or after training?
Avoid consuming Nutrimuscle's organic yerba mate before exercise because of the very temporary decrease in muscle tone it may induce. If you are looking to relax your muscles, take 4 capsules of Nutrimuscle organic yerba maté after your workout.
In the evening
For improved sleep, take 4 Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate capsules with your evening meal, or 2 capsules with your evening meal followed by another 2 capsules before bed.
As with all fat burners, it is best to start moderately, starting with 2 to 3 capsules to see how your body reacts. If all goes well, up your dose by one capsule the following day and repeat as necessary. There is no need to try to reach very high doses, just use a moderate dose that you feel is effective.
Synergies between supplements
Nutrimuscle's organic yerba mate is best teamed with organic green tea. The latter will accentuate the stimulating, but not nerve-inducing, effects of Nutrimuscle's organic yerba mate.
Another mixture consists of taking Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate with ZMB Pidolates at night before going to sleep. These two supplements promote neural and muscular relaxation.
Contrary to popular belief, Nutrimuscle organic yerba maté will in no way prevent your creatine (Creapure®) from working. On the contrary, their effects reinforce each other in terms of increased muscle performance and lean mass gain.
Find out more
It's rare for consumers to have access to the names of the suppliers of the raw materials that go into the supplements they consume. However, this is essential to ensuring product traceability.
At Nutrimuscle, we use only the highest quality yerba maté, the quality of which is guaranteed.
Guayapi yerba mate is native to Paraguay, hence its scientific name (Ilex Paraguariensis).
Guayapi uses wild plants gathered by local tribes, always respecting traditions. Organic agriculture thus preserves the environment. Guayapi respects the quality regulations of many organic and fair-trade certification bodies. It's a far cry from industrial farming, chemical extraction, and GMOs.
What matters most to us is the quality of the raw materials, your health, and the results you achieve using our nutritional supplements.
Many competing brands sell yerba mate. It is rarer to find this plant in organic quality. Even in organic, we must not stop there, because we all know that there is organic first price that respects at least the specifications. And there is the organic which, by vocation, goes well beyond the specifications. As we will see, this is the case here with Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate.
What makes the difference between the various forms of yerba mate is not the caffeine content, it is the polyphenols (catechins, epicatechins) and the tannins.
With fast and inexpensive means of extraction, we destroy a large part of these active ingredients. The secret to obtaining yerba mate extracts rich in polyphenols lies essentially in the method of drying (1).
By avoiding high temperatures or roasting, all the active molecules are better preserved.
Medical research has shown that carefully extracted yerba mate is twice as effective against fat as the commonly found commercial yerba mate (2). In addition, it is important to use organic raw materials especially when consuming the leaves, as is the case with yerba mate. Indeed, if, during cultivation, we spray pesticides on these leaves, you will mechanically find traces of them in your supplements (3).
The big advantage of yerba mate lies in the fact that it is not very "aggressive" for the cardiovascular system. Yerba mate produces a vasodilator action linked to an increase in the production of nitric oxide (NO) (3).
Unlike other thermogenic stimulants, yerba mate moderates the heart rate instead of increasing it. Likewise, yerba mate improves the quality of sleep instead of preventing sleep.
yerba mate and health
Yerba mate, by lowering blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, helps prevent cardiovascular disease (4). Its long-term use is also associated with improved defenses against free radicals (5). It also protects the bones, which is a good thing on a diet, as calorie restriction tends to decrease bone density (6).
Yerba mate and satiety
While caffeine contributes to the appetite-moderating effects, it is the polyphenols in yerba mate that prove to be the best stimulants of appetite suppressant hormones (7).
This is because they alone increase the levels of GLP-1 and leptin (7). These are two appetite suppressant hormones whose production collapses during a period of calorie restriction, which is why we are always hungry on a diet.
It is therefore important to have a burner that contains yerba mate when you are on a diet, in order to moderate your appetite.
Yerba mate and recovery
Yerba mate helps muscle relaxation, and therefore recovery. Because of the very temporary decrease in muscle tone induced by yerba mate, it is best not to use it before training. On the contrary, taken after exercise, yerba mate promotes muscle relaxation and accelerates the return to calm.
Indeed, it is useless for the muscles to remain "tense" during the day and even less at night.
A muscle that remains spasmed after exercise will not be able to recover, both in terms of its fibers and its nerve controls. By promoting relaxation, yerba mate accelerates both muscle and nerve recovery.
Yerba mate and sleep
Yerba mate helps you sleep better (8). It was the naturalist Charles Darwin who popularized the use of yerba mate for sleeping. In his most famous book "The Voyage of the Beagle", which reports the results of three years of exploring South America, Darwin writes that yerba mate allowed him to fall asleep almost immediately and wake up more. form despite the precarious sleeping conditions in nature.
This improvement in sleep, thanks to mate, can materialize in several ways:
- Faster falling asleep, especially when fatigue is already installed;
- A shorter sleep, but more regenerative;
- An easier wake-up, which allows you to be in shape immediately.
Thus, indirectly, you will have more strength in training thanks to Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate. Only a very small minority of users will see their sleep disturbed. Indeed, if yerba mate helps relax the nervous system and therefore the muscles, it promotes brain activity. It is for this reason that it helps to remember his dreams better.
In a small minority of users, this brain activity prevents sleep, while in a large majority, it provides more regenerative sleep.
In the event of a sleep disturbance, it is best to use Nutrimuscle organic yerba mate in the morning (for those who train in the evening) or just after exercise (for those who train in the morning).
(1) Grujic N. Effects of different extraction methods and conditions on the phenolic composition of mate tea extracts. Molecules. 2012 Mar 2; 17 (3): 2518-28.
(2) Silva RD. The effect of aqueous extract of gross and commercial yerba mate (Ilex paraguariensis) on intra-abdominal and epididymal fat and glucose levels in male Wistar rats. Fitoterapia. 2011 Sep; 82 (6): 818-26.
(3) Pérez-Parada A. Transfer of pesticides to the brew during mate drinking process and their relationship with physicochemical properties. J Environ Sci Health B. 2010 Nov; 45 (8): 796-803.
(1) Boaventura BC. Association of mate tea (Ilex paraguariensis) intake and dietary intervention and effects on oxidative stress biomarkers of dyslipidemic subjects. Nutrition. 2012 Jun; 28 (6): 657-64.
(2) Gosmann G. Phenolic compounds from maté (Ilex paraguariensis) inhibit adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes.Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2012 Jun; 67 (2): 156-61.
(3) Schinella G. Cardioprotective effects of Ilex paraguariensis extract: evidence for a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism. Clin Nutr. 2005 Jun; 24 (3): 360-6.
(4) from Morais EC. Consumption of yerba mate (Ilex paraguariensis) improves serum lipid parameters in healthy dyslipidemic subjects and provides an additional LDL-cholesterol reduction in individuals on statin therapy. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Sep 23; 57 (18): 8316-24.
(5) Matsumoto RL. Effects of mate tea (Ilex paraguariensis) ingestion on mRNA expression of antioxidant enzymes, lipid peroxidation, and total antioxidant status in healthy young women. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Mar 11; 57 (5): 1775-80.
(6) Conforti AS. Yerba Mate (Ilex paraguariensis) consumption is associated with higher bone mineral density in postmenopausal women. Bone. 2012 Jan; 50 (1): 9-13.
(7) Hussein GM. Mate tea (Ilex paraguariensis) promotes satiety and body weight lowering in mice: involvement of glucagon-like peptide-1. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011; 34 (12): 1849-55.
(8) Tenorio Sanz. [Mineral elements in mate herb (Ilex paraguariensis St. H.)]. Arch Latinoam Nutr. 1991 Sep; 41 (3): 441-54.
Certificates and studies
- Longevity benefit of green tea?
- Coffee - caffeine for longevity?
- Coffee - caffeine for longevity?
- Should I cycle caffeine?
- Effect of caffeine on colorectal cancer risk?
- The effects of caffeine are influenced by our genes
- Everyone metabolises caffeine very differently
- Caffeine to improve judo skills?
- Caffeine to burn fat?
- Coffee and green tea = fewer heart deaths?
- What effects does coffee have on the prostate?
- Anti-inflammatory activities of green tea catechins
- Coffee against neurological disorders?
- Role of caffeine in dyspepsia?
- Health effects of green tea?
- Benefits of green tea for the brain?
- Good molecules in coffee for liver health?
- Green coffee more effective for health than caffeine?
- Catechins in tea and cocoa against blood pressure
- Green tea against tumorigenic bacteria in the intestinal microbiota
- Is commercial coffee rich in health molecules?
- Coffee against colorectal cancer?
- Health and anti-fat benefits of green coffee?
- Coffee against hepatic steatosis?
- Green coffee extract on blood sugar and lipid profile
- L-theanine + caffeine against attention disorders
- Caffeine to improve performance?
- Effectiveness of caffeine in sportswomen?
- Caffeine and risk of kidney stones?
- Caffeine improves the anti-fat effects of HIIT cardio
- Rinsing the mouth with caffeine: how effective is it?
- More coffee = less belly fat?
- Genetic difference in the effects of caffeine?
- What are the health mechanisms of coffee beans?
- What is the effect of coffee on the risk of colorectal adenoma?
- Coffee and caffeine against hypertension?
- What is the effect of green coffee extracts on the lipid profile?
- Caffeine against fatigue ?
- Caffeine and adenosine in cerebral neuroregeneration
- Caffeine to increase endurance performance ?
- How much caffeine to increase endurance?
- Caffeine and bicarbonate to increase performance
- Does caffeine make women burn more calories?
- What is the benefit of caffeine for women's fitness?
- more caffeine = better performance?
- Is caffeine in coffee effective?
- caffeine improves anaerobic performance
- influence of caffeine on blood sugar?
- effect of caffeine on strength and endurance?
- effects of caffeine on muscle anabolism?
- caffeine improves sprint performance
- caffeine and bcaa stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis
- effect of caffeine on performance?
- caffeine improves strengthare irradiated foods good for you?
- polyphenols against cancer
- more health benefits from polyphenols
- the use of food supplements is beneficial to health
- polyphenols reduce flavouring
- anti-oxidants protect the eyes
- anabolic effects of chlorogenic acid
- ultra-endurance explodes the need for anti-oxidants
- polyphenols to improve health
- more antioxidants and less heavy metals in organic food
- health and appetite suppressant benefits of coffee
- anti-aging benefits of polypheno