Discover our nutritional advice to help you perform at your best.
To achieve good and lasting physical results, fitness sessions should include a variety of cardio and strength training exercises involving several parts of the body ( glutes, abs, legs, arms, torso...). Fitness is a beneficial activity for your health, but be careful, it puts your muscles, joints, nervous system and cardiovascular system to a severe test! Poor recovery after your fitness session will slow down your progress or even worse lead to injury! Discover our supplementation programme to improve your recovery, maintain your performance and push your limits!
Multivitamins : Taking a multivitamin supplement every day helps to prevent deficiencies and protect immune cells against the aggression of free radicals that proliferate during physical effort.
In the context of regular fitness training, vitamins are essential to promote good muscle recovery following training. In addition, a good supply of vitamins limits the appearance of night cramps (1-2).
Multiminerals : the sweating experienced during fitness training (cardio or weight training) causes minerals to be lost. In this context, taking a daily multimineral helps to avoid deficiencies and limit inflammation and muscle damage, particularly thanks to zinc and selenium (3).
Omega 3 : Fitness is a beneficial activity for general health but puts a strain on the cardiovascular system. Daily intake of omega-3s improves blood circulation and helps to lower blood pressure (4). They also help to reduce the effects of muscle soreness and improve recovery (5,6).
BCAA 4.1.1 : Intense fitness training causes amino acid losses. In this context, BCAA supplementation promotes muscle recovery (thanks to improved protein synthesis). With a minimum dose of 5 g of BCAAs taken before training, the level of muscle soreness is reduced and it fades more quickly (7).
Collagen Type 1 : collagen supplementation is very important for those who do a lot of fitness sessions. Indeed, collagen allows better lubrication of the tendons (8) and better prevention of injuries linkedto intense and frequent efforts (acute aches, tendon pains, knee problems).
ZMP: It is possible that an intense fitness session may disturb sleep due to the nervous tension caused by the training.
In this context, we recommend supplementing with zinc and magnesium, as these minerals in the form of pidolates have a relaxing effect. This allows the athlete to have a better muscular and nervous relaxation (9). ZMP is a supplement that combines magnesium and zinc pidolates to improve nerve and neuronal recovery.
Diet Protein Blend : Diet Blend is a mixture specially designed to optimise fat burning during activities such as fitness. It contains a high and really effective dose of L-Carnitine to maximise fat oxidation during the session and afterwards. The Taurine and Glutamine in the blend reinforce the effectiveness of the Carnitine. Enriched with fibre, Diet Blend provides energy while acting as an appetite suppressant.
Natural Bio Booster : this mixture of organic green tea and organic guarana has a thinning action thanks to the increase in energy expenditure, the moderation of the appetite and by accelerating the destruction of fats. It is a natural and effective fat burner that reinforces the effects of fitness sessions on the figure (10,11).
Sweet potato: rich in fiber (8.6g/100g), minerals and antioxidants (12,13), organic sweet potato powderis a source of low-glycemic index carbohydrates (around 46 to 60 depending on the preparation). This fiber slows the absorption of carbohydrates, which reduces the rise in insulin. This makes it the ideal fitness food.
In addition, sweet potato belongs to the category of the most basifying plants alongside avocados, squash, rocket, lamb's lettuce or spinach leaves among common foods. This basifying action is explained by the richness in potassium contained in the organic sweet potato powder of 337 mg per 100 g and comes in opposition to the excess of sodium.
Rhodiola: Rhodiola is an adaptogen plant particularly recommended for endurance and fitness sports. Indeed, taken 1 hour before exercise, it can significantly increase endurance. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory action, Rhodiola also helps to reduce recovery time after long training sessions (14).
Rhodiola Rosea is also rich in anti-oxidants, which helps to protect the sportsman's muscle cells and reduce the inflammation associated with intense fitness sessions (15).
OUR SCIENTIFIC REFERENCES
(1) Gauche E. Vitamin and mineral supplementation and neuromuscular recovery after a running race. MedSci Sports Exerc. 2006 Dec;38(12):2110-7.
(2) Chan-P. Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the safety and efficacy of vitamin B complex in the treatment of nocturnal leg cramps in elderly patients with hypertension. J Clin Pharmacol. 1998. 38: p. 1151.
(3) Kara, E. ; Ozal, M. ; Gunay, M. ;Kilic, M. ; Baltaci, A.K. ; Mogulkoc, R. Effects of exercise and Zinc supplementation on cytokine release in young wrestlers. Biol Trace Elem Res 2011, 143, 1435-1440, doi :10.1007/s12011-011-9005-1.
(4) Buckley JD. DHA-rich Fish oil lowers heart rate during sub maximal exercise in elite Australian Rules footballers. J Sci Med Sport. 2009 Jul;12(4):503-7.
(5) Tartibian B. Omega-3 Fatty Acids Supplementation Attenuates Inflammatory Markers After Eccentric Exercise in Untrained Men. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine 2011 21(2) p: 131-137
(6) Poprzecki S. Modification of blood antioxidant status and lipid profile in response to high-intensity endurance exercise after low doses of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids supplementation in healthy volunteers. Int JFood Sci Nutr. 2009;60 Suppl 2:67-79.
(7) Takashige K. Effect Of A Branched-chain Amino Acids Supplementation On Muscle Soreness During Intensive Training Program. Medicine & Science in Sports &Exercise 2005 37(5) Supplement May p S43.
(8) OesserS. Oral Administration of 14C Labelled Gelatin Hydrolyse Leads to an Accumulation of Radioactivity in Cartilage of Mice (C57/BL). J. Nutr. October1, 1999 vol. 129 no. 10 1891-1895
(9) Teste JF.[Psychopharmacological properties of three magnesium salts: pidolate, lactate and aspartate]. Ann Pharm Fr. 1995;53(4):176-83.
(10) Westerterp-Plantenga MS. Green tea catechins, caffeine and body-weight regulation. Physiol Behav. 2010 Apr 26;100(1):42-6.
(12) Thavanesan N. The putative effects of green tea on body fat: an evaluation of the evidence and a review of the potential mechanisms. Br J Nutr. 2011 Nov;106(9):1297-309.
(13) Meydani M. Potential health benefits of avenanthramides of oats. Nutr Rev. 2009 Dec;67(12):731-5.
(2) Sadiq Butt M. Oat: unique among the cereals. Eur J Nutr. 2008 Mar;47(2):68-79.
(14) Abidov M & al., 2004
(15) Z. Yao, Z. Ya-Jie, L. Wei-Wei, S. Ai-Wu, and G. Ning, “Salidroside suppresses HUVECs cell injury induced by oxidative stress through activating the Nrf2 signaling pathway,” Molecules, vol. 21, no. 8, p. 1033, 2016.